Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Can I Have a Pet?

"Mommy," asked Cassy,
"Can I have a pet?"
"If I said yes," asked her mom,
"What would you get?"

"Well, I want a dog
and I want a cat
and a yellow gold fish.
Can I have all of that?"

"No, no." said her mommy.
"You can have only one.
If you have too many pets,
they won't be any fun!"

"But, I want a dog.
I can teach him tricks!
Like how to roll over
And how to get sticks!

And I want a cat
to sleep on my bed.
I can't pick just one!
I want all three!" Cassy said.

"I want a yellow gold fish.
Looking at him would be lots of fun!
I want all three Mommy!
I cannot just pick one!"

"Cassy, if you have pets,
you have to feed them each day.
With three pets to take care of
You won't have time to play.

Now, you can have one pet.
Not two and not three.
If I said yes to one pet
Which one would it be?

"Well, Timmy has a dog
and Jane has a cat
Sally has a yellow gold fish,
It is big and fat!

So . . . I can play
with all three!
Mommy do not get
Any pets for me!

I do not want more chores."
Little Cassy said,
"It is hard enough to clean my room
and make my bed!"

** Children always want the world. As parents it is our job to help them learn manners, patience and self discipline. We wonder why so many children are out of control and it's because we never take the time to teach them how to process! We need to get back to the simple things in life!

Wendy Glidden


Copyright © 1994 [Wendy L Glidden]. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment