Friday, December 21, 2012

Clean Up This Room!

As a parent sometimes getting your children to pick up after themselves can be difficult without a tantrum or two! I wrote this book so that my children would learn about keeping things picked up as they played. I hope it helps you if you have messy children that are so into playing they sometimes forget to take a moment to clean up as they go along! I wrote this on 1/24/1994

Billy was playing in his room.
He was having so much fun!
He did not stop to look around.
He did not see what he had done!
When he got tired of one toy,
he would get another one out.
He did not put the first toy up
and his toys were strung all about!
His room was oh so very messy!
He had no room to play!
The floor was covered with so many toys!
Yet Billy got out more toys anyway.
It got so messy in Billy's room
that the floor could not be seen!
It was now a sea of colored toys.
Red, yellow, orange, blue and green!
When Billy's mommy came into his room,
"Your floor is not a floor!" She said.
There is no place to put your feet!"
Billy cried out, "That is why I am on the bed!"
"Well" said Billy's mommy,
"I don't care how long it take you,
I want you to clean up this room.
So clean it looks brand new!"
Slowly Billy got off the bed.
He picked up his toys one by one.
"I like playing with these toys," he pouted.
But picking them all up is not fun!"
In no time at all
Billy's floor could be seen!
As he put away his last toy, he exclaimed,
"Mommy my room is clean!"
His mommy came to look at his work
She was very proud of the job he had done.
"If you get out one toy at a time," she told him,
"You won't make a mess and playing will always be fun!"


Copyright © 1994 [Wendy L Glidden]. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment