Wednesday, December 19, 2012

There are NO Monsters Under Your Bed

"Come on you two, hurry up!
It is time for bed.
Stop all of your playing around."
Cassy and Billy's mommy said.
"It is past your bedtime.
You both need to go to sleep.
Now, lay down and close your eyes.
I don't want to hear a peep!"
"But I am scared!"
Little Billy said,
"I think I saw a monster
hiding under my bed!"
"I think I saw one too!"
Little Cassy chimed right in.
"Oh NO!" said their mommy,
"Not this monster stuff again!"
How many times do I have to tell you,
There are no monsters under your bed!
Really Billy, you are much too silly!
Monsters are not real!" their mommy said.
"I know I saw one!" Billy cried out
Cassy agreed, "I saw one too!"
"Oh you guy!" their mommy said,
"What am I going to do with you two?"
"You could tell us a story." suggested Cassy
"Or sing us a song." said little Billy
"Alright," said their mommy, "I will make up a song
that will make this monster stuff seem silly!"
And she sang this song to them:
Go to sleep Cassy
Go to sleep Billy
Close your sweet baby eyes
and stop acting so silly.
You know the only Monsters that exist
Are the puppet ones on TV
They are not mean to anyone!
They are as nice as you and me!
They may be a little goofy.
They may be a little silly.
Sometimes they act like Cassy
Sometimes they act like Billy
They like to eat cookies
Chocolate chop ones if I'm right
Now close your little baby eyes
It is time to go night night.
** I originally wrote this children story because I was down to bare necessities and wanted to read to my children at night. I had no way to get to a library and we had no children books on hand. All of the stories were inspired by true events and things I was wanting them to learn! This was in the winter of 1994. I was as close to homeless as one can be prior to being homeless!
Wendy Glidden

Copyright © 1994 [Wendy L Glidden]. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment