Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Today is My Birthday!

Today is my birthday.
Now I am six.
I wonder what kind of cake
my mommy will fix?

I hope it is chocolate
with chocolate icing too!
I hope it says Happy Birthday Billy
and has six candles that are blue!

I am going to have a party
with all of my family.
some will send me lots of gifts
We will sing Happy Birthday to me!

Then I will get to make a wish
and blow my six candles out!
Everyone will clap their hands!
"Hooray!" They will all shout.

Then we will all eat my cake
and we will get ice cream too.
First I will lick my candles
I might let my sister have two.

After everyone is done eating
they will give my gifts to me
I will pick up one, shake it and say,
"I wonder what this could be?"

I hope I get a remote control car
A train and a water gun!
I will fill it up and chase my sister!
That will be so much fun!

I hope I get a dump truck.
I want a lot of toys.
Not dolls or any girl stuff.
Just stuff that is made for boys!

Wendy

** Goodwill has come to my rescue more than once in my life. I have always managed to find what I need for next to nothing. Remember it's only new until the first time you use it . . . then it's "Good will new!"

Copyright © 1994 [Wendy L Glidden]. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment