Friday, December 21, 2012

Tell the Truth

I wrote this on January 18, 1994. It was meant to further explain why telling
the truth is always in your best interest when talking to your mom and dad.
"I am sick. I can't go to school." little Cassy said
"What hurts?" asked her mommy.
"It's my tummy and my head!"
"You don't have a fever. You don't look sick to me.
I wonder what is making you sick,
I wonder what it could be?"
Her mom then asked, "Did you have a fight with Jane?"
Cassy said, "No! I did not!"
"Did you do your homework?" her mom asked
Cassy said, "No! I forgot!"
"Well, maybe if you got up now
and did your homework," her mom said.
"You will not be sick anymore
You won't have a hurt tummy or head!"
So Cassy go up and did her homework
And she was not sick when she was done
When she showed her homework to her mom
Her mom told her to go outside and have some fun
"But I have to get ready for school." Cassy exclaimed.
"I do not have time to play!"
"Silly girl!" laughed her mommy
"You do not have school today."
"You mean I was pretending to be sick
so I did not have to go to school?" Cassy asked in dismay.
"And it did not matter if I was sick or not
I did not have to go to school anyway?"
"No, you silly girl." her mommy smiled,
"It is Saturday.
But next time you lie to me
You will not get to play.
It is very important to tell the truth
Lying is a bad thing to do
Because if you lie to me again
It will be hard for me to trust you."
"I will not lie anymore." Cassy promised
I am sorry I lied to you."
"It's okay this time." her mommy said, "You needed to learn
That lying is something you must not do!"


Copyright © 1994 [Wendy L Glidden]. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment